Tuesday, December 22, 2009

New Experimental Painting Group

I wrote earlier that I was going to have a second experimental painting group at my studio, and the first session was this past Wednesday. It is so wonderful to get together with a group of artists who share similar interests and get excited by the same things. Binky Bergsman wowed us all with a transfer method using parchment, which can be reused again and again. Tonnie Wolfe showed us embossed paper made out of toilet paper! There are an unlimited supply of new ideas out there, and we want to know all of them. We can learn so much from each other. Sometimes there are so many things I want to do, that I find myself paralyzed and unable to create anything. Fortunately, that always passes. I just have to sail into a new project and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment