Monday, June 14, 2010

Astoria Show



The reception at Art & Cultural Exchange in Astoria was last Saturday night. It was a lovely space and Julia Carter had done an impressive job of hanging my work with that of a local fiber artist by the name of Constance. They truly enhanced each other. There was a nice art walk crowd, and Astoria seems to be a very "arty" city. Thank you to Barbara Mallon for putting me together with Julia for this show.

Julia and her husband Matt started the Art & Cultural Exchange in Astoria to serve the art needs of disenfranchised adults and children of the area. They have workshops for foster children and seniors in nursing homes, as well as on site programs for prisoners. They also offer workshops for the general public.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like it went well Sue. I've emailed Julia to come and visit the show some time this week. You can't know how I wished I had been there. Congratulations on a great show! Barb

    ReplyDelete