Wednesday, January 26, 2011

New Work & Art Exchange


The Art Exchange was just too much fun this year. About 30 artists attended and brought wonderful art. We all got rid of pieces we were tired of looking at and went home with new treasures. Can't wait until the next one.

My latest painting is above. It is 24x24 with a faux encaustic finish that doesn't show up very well in the image. I may be moving in a more abstract direction and away from the figurative for a little while. At least the four pieces I am working on currently are in that category. I am also returning to the faux encaustic look that I played with a few years ago. That doesn't mean much with me though as I flit from one thing to another. For instance, where did the polka dot animals come from that were in my last post?

No comments:

Post a Comment