Friday, November 14, 2014

Bob Burridge Mentor Workshop

I just returned from a three and a half day Bob Burridge Mentor Workshop.  Those of you who know me, know that I have taken a workshop from Bob once a year for 18 years now.  I will never tire of being around him and his work.  He is an inspiration to me and the first workshop I attended changed my life.  Since I have been attending these mentor workshops at his home, I have not attended any of his larger group workshops.  The mentor workshops only have seven artists in them.  As usual this year we had a great group of people and I hope to stay in touch with them and see them at future workshops.  This year was also different in that my friend Donna Wallace attended.  This was her first Burridge workshop and she loved it as much as I do.  I feel as though I created some really interesting figurative work, and I am anxious for the work to arrive home so that I can continue to work on it, mount it on boards, varnish, etc.  I have to ship my work and supplies home because Bobs' studio is located in Arroyo Grande, CA.  My supplies have arrived, but not my paintings.  So, I will post the paintings once they arrive and I get them photographed.

No comments:

Post a Comment