Thursday, November 4, 2010

Art Collector


I had a lovely experience yesterday that I want to share. The above vessel painting was sold at Parklane Gallery to a woman who has been collecting my art almost as long as I have been selling it. She bought the first painting in 2002. Since then she has purchased several more paintings, and the interesting thing is that the subject matter of the paintings is all over the place. Her first purchases were small abstracts. Since then she has purchased still lifes and a figurative piece. There is at least one other customer who has more of my paintings, but this collector has bought them over such a long period and because of the varied subject matter, appears to be a true collector of my work. It does not appear to matter to her what the subject is. Unfortunately, as far as I can remember, I have never met her. Thank you Geraldine.

No comments:

Post a Comment