Friday, March 27, 2009

Bob Burridge Workshop

I just completed a five-day workshop with Bob Burridge in Palm Springs. I didn't really learn anything new, but he inspired me as he always does. I love almost all of his work. He seldom paints anything that I really don't like. He loves what he does so much that it is inspiring just to be around him when he is painting. I painted about 40 paintings in the last five days. Not all of them are finished, but they are not far from done. I don't do that anywhere else. My painting loosens up a lot when I am in one of his workshops too. I am exhausted now and ready to head back home to my own studio.

I have ordered two new books that I saw in Bob's workshop. Ann Baldwin and Mary Todd Beam both have new books out that look very interesting. They should be waiting for me when I get home.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I see I spelled Burridge wrong! I'm tired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to see what you have been up to. i need your copious notes! i KNOW you took some!! a hahaha oxxo

    ReplyDelete