Thursday, May 7, 2009

New Books & Polymer Clay

I am currently immersed in two new art books. They are The Creative Edge by Mary Todd Beam and Creative Paint Workshop for Mixed Media Artists by Ann Baldwin. They are really great books for artists who are into experimental work, with many interesting methods to try. I have also really enjoyed Ann Baldwin's most recent DVD.

Last week I took a polymer clay class with Meredith Arnold. I was fortunate to have the opportunity to work with her one on one. My goal was to make clay pieces to incorporate into my experimental paintings, and I went home with some amazing things. Meredith had many more methods than I was able to absorb in one day, so I mostly stuck to the simple things. Now I am looking for a pasta machine so that I can make more elements for my paintings. Of course I have not used the ones I have already made, but as usual, I must have more! Someday my studio is going to burst at the seams. It gets so that I cannot remember what I have to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment