Monday, May 17, 2010

Painting Spree

After a week of not being able to get into the studio at all, I spent the last three days in my studio. It has been a long time since I have had so much studio time. It was very productive time too. I am currently working on a series of goddesses, as well as a series with fish. The goddesses are an attempt to find the figurative style I want. Unfortunately, though I like the first of the series, it is more realistic than I am seeking to produce. I imagine there are going to be a lot more painted before I find the look I really want since I have been doing this off and on for about 4 years now. I have decided that I am just going to keep painting figures until I get there. I will publish an image of the first goddess as soon as my husband takes the photos. I plan to show the goddess series for my featured show at Parklane Gallery in November. Knowing how I operate though, I could change my mind in October and have to struggle to get a show together for November. I have not had a featured show at Parklane Gallery since December of 2006, and it is about time I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment