Tuesday, May 4, 2010

With an Open Heart

This is one of only a few recent paintings. Mostly I have been working on a piece for awhile and then setting it aside. If I don't finish these paintings, I am soon going to be forced out of my studio. I realized the other day that the reason this is happening is that right now I am only interested in texture. I do wonderful backgrounds that I love, and then I cannot decide what to do with them. I like the background just the way it is! So, the above painting was one of those that I loved the background so much I didn't want to add anything to it. Then I decided I would just put a heart on it, and that lets all the texture show. If you click on the image, you will get a larger image that shows the texture better. Now I must decide what to do with all the other paintings that are "unfinished".

1 comment:

  1. I am so with you on this Sue! I work hard to get the great background patterns and then I get so enamored with them that I don't know what to do to "finish" them because I like them the way they are!!!!!! Arrrgggghhhhh!

    ReplyDelete