Sunday, July 18, 2010

ArtSplash

This weekend is ArtSplash, which is an ArtistsConnect show that takes place at ArtWorks in Edmonds. I spent four hours there yesterday being artist-in-action. I will also be there today from 2-5 p.m. doing the same thing. I really enjoy doing this primarily because it always gives me an opportunity to spend time with the other members of ArtistsConnect. They are the ones who are usually observing the artists-in-action. There are, of course, guests observing as well, but more artists. I spent time yesterday getting to know artists that I had not previously spent time with, and also catching up with some I had not seen much lately. So, it was time well spent.

Last night was the grand opening reception at Fraker/Scott, which was another opporunity to connect with old friends and make new ones. The reception was well attended and very entertaining. The high point for me was the short film by Mike O'Day. I believe it was called "A Day in the Life of a Lonely Sculptor" or something along those lines. If you know Mike, ask him to show you this film.

1 comment: