Thursday, June 4, 2009

Experimental Painter's Group

Once again, first Wednesday at my studio with the experimental painters was inspiring and much fun. We had a smaller group today -- just Tracy Fraker, Nancy Thompson and Lynn Scott. However, we were joined for lunch by Mona Smiley-Fairbanks, her daughter Alyssa and her sister Tina from Alaska. Lunch is slowly taking over more and more of our painting day because it is always a feast and we have so much to say to one another. I did finish two paintings that have been nagging at me, and almost finished a third. So, I am very happy with my day. Sometimes you just have to let go of those spots in a painting that you just love too much in order to get it finished. It is always painful to let go of those special spots though.

No comments:

Post a Comment