Sunday, September 20, 2009

Day One of Tour is Complete

The studio tour gets me so wound up that I can barely stop talking. When we shut down at 5 p.m. I just collapse. I fell asleep on the floor before 9 p.m. and staggered off to bed at 9. Today I am ready again and just as excited as yesterday. We had some good sales even though there were fewer visitors than last year. I set up a discount table which was a huge hit and a great way to move some paintings out of my home into someone else's home. There is nothing I enjoy more than talking to people about my art in the comfort of my own studio, and if I sell something, it is a bonus. It is so much more satisfying than selling in a gallery where you may never meet the people who are enjoying your work.

Even if I don't sell a thing today, I will consider the event successful because I had so much fun.

2 comments: