Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Experimental Painting Day


Today was the day that the experimental painting group met at my studio. Only five of the seven artists attended, but we were producing some fine work. I actually think the magnificent lunches that we share are as much of a draw as the painting we do.

We are all participating in the Edmonds Art Studio Tour that will take place on September 19 & 20. Check out the website at www.edmondsartstudiotour.com for more information about the tour. This will be our fourth year. It seems like only yesterday that a few friends and I started this thing that has now taken on a life of its own. I still serve on the steering committee, but luckily we have Barb Childs to chair the committee, and she has done a magnificent job for the last 3 years. I hope that she will continue for many more years. In any event, there is a lot to do around here, and I had better get started. I have been working on the most important part, which is getting paintings done. The other stuff, such as organizing my studio, moving some furniture out, and cleaning, remain to be done.

The painting above is one I did last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment