Saturday, September 5, 2009

Two Weeks Until Edmonds Art Studio Tour!

Today is the day that I am going to begin preparing for the Edmonds Art Studio Tour. Actually I have been preparing the last couple of weeks by getting some paintings completed. Now I need to begin the organizing of the studio and surrounding area. One of the most difficult things I have to do is take down my Artists I Know Wall. For those of you who have not seen my artists wall, I have 50 or 60 small paintings by artists friends arranged on one wall. I have finally gotten it to look the way I want it to, and it is complicated to arrange. So, a photo has been taken of it and now I need to take it all down. I would leave it up, but visitors to the tour get so interested in it they don't look at the work that is for sale! It is too much competition.

I have a huge 4'x8' piece of plywood in the center of my studio. The first year that we lived here I left it in the studio during the tour. Big mistake! It created traffic jams and people could not get around very well. So, that has to come out and be replaced by something a lot smaller. I will start to organize the studio and one thing will lead to another until I am cleaning and organizing all the shelving and going way beyond what I really need to do for the tour. Now I must get started doing the work instead of writing about it.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm. Maybe I should start a Snohomish Tour. Anything that would give me the incentive to organize would be welcome here.

    ReplyDelete